A rare and exciting opportunity has become available for a self-motivated individual to join our Technical Division as Sustainability Coordinator on a 6-month fixed term contract. Reporting to the General Manager Technical, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Chobani’s Sustainability Agenda through the coordination of key initiatives in line with company policy, customer requirements and regulatory compliance.
As Sustainability Coordinator, you will drive Continuous Improvement within the Sustainability and Environmental Activities for the business.
- Monitor and track environmental performance (energy, wastewater, waste, packaging, compliance)
- Investigate, identify improvements and implement actions to improve our overall environmental performance
- Provide relevant support with key initiatives and projects as directed by the General Manager Technical
- Support to the NPD and Packaging Teams as pertaining to their respective Sustainability initiatives, in addition to other relative Sustainability initiatives
- The continued support to the collection of data and reporting as pertaining to Ethical Sourcing and Modern Slavery, in conjunction with the Procurement Team
To be successful, you will be a self-starter with a proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing circumstances. You will be a team player with a drive for sustainability and continuous improvement with the ability to manage projects and provide written reports. Additionally, you will;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Environmental, Sustainability, Quality or Continuous Improvement environment OR relatable bachelor’s degree
- Be achievement orientated and be able to work systematically to complete projects as defined in order to achieve improvement and cost saving outcomes
- Ability to read and interpret data, in order to make sound recommendations to the business Must be able to focus on developing means of measuring positive performance indicators
- Build and develop relationships with both internal and external customers and providers
- Ability to communicate effectively with Production and Maintenance Teams
- Ability to develop and present communications and recommendations to the business in relation to environment
- Ability to take ownership of own work and seek opportunity to service the business and additionally look and act on opportunities to improve systems and processes
Working at Chobani
At Chobani, you’ll be part of our extraordinary Technical Team! You’ll also be working in an accredited “Great Place to Work” – a title we have held two years running! We pride ourselves on our fun, flexible and family friendly environment. We’re innovative, customer- focused and our business moves quickly!
- Home delivered care packs to remind you that we care
- Free yogurt consumption when on-site
- Fun work from home activities!
- A business that will become family